SOCIAL MEDIA LEADS TO TEENAGER DEPRESSION
Social media are computer-mediated technologies that allow individuals, companies, NGOs, governments, and other organizations to view, create and share information, ideas, career interests, and other forms of expression via virtual communities and networks. The variety of stand-alone and built-in social media services currently available introduces challenges of definition; however, there are some common features.
Depression (major depressive disorder) is a common and serious medical illness that negatively affects how you feel, the way you think and how you act. Fortunately, it is also treatable. Depression causes feelings of sadness and/or a loss of interest in activities once enjoyed. It can lead to a variety of emotional and physical problems and can decrease a person’s ability to function at work and at home.
Here is the negative impact of social media on teenagers.
Teens become addicted to using social networks without knowing the time. Most, if a teenager using social networks, they could have hours to use it.
Teens become lazy communicate in the real world. The level of understanding of the language becomes impaired. If teens are too many to communicate in cyberspace.
Social networking sites will make teenagers more selfish. They become aware of the environment around them, because most of the time spent on the internet. This can lead to less empathy in the real world.
Making a teenager become lazy learning as they often use social networks to play games that are on the site. Facebook provides gaming services that makes teens become addicted to the game.
Causing a lack of manners of today's teenagers. With the social media, more and more teens are using a language that is not appropriate. And for teens who are still innocent, it will assume that the language is the language of today's modern child.
For teenagers, there are no rules of spelling and grammar on the social networking site. This makes them more difficult to distinguish between communicating on social networking sites and in the real world.
here is a tips for you when you want to use social media wistfully:
1. Make sure you identify deeply with whom to interact using social media, do not be too trusting with a new call to someone else who you know.
2. Do not believe the photos are in one social media accounts you do not know. Many users siosial media deliberately using false names and photos (anonymous).
3.Meskipun not contiguous or not know each other, upholding ethics, because whatever we discuss in social media everyone can see. Written language differs from oral discussed, so use good grammar and do not give rise to misunderstanding others.
4. don't forget to credit the source when you mebuat posts, about copyright notice when copying and spread of writing, pictures or videos of parties / other websites so that there is no demand in the future and can be justified.
5. make sure to post the file to upload on social media is not associated SARA yours, because if there is no agreement and offended by these postings easily they report you to the authorities.
6. don't producing and spreading false information that is not yet clear the source (HOAX) and image / photo
7. don't pornoaksi provide data yourself with ease in social media, make sure that only personal data such as residential addresses of all you show in your social media accounts belonging you. Because the data itself can be abused others.
8. media social like Facebook, Twitter, Path, and so good to talk about many things, but use them wisely, arrange a time to access in order to remain productive.
thats all from me maybe, thank you. use media social well.